MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Monday, April 7, 2008

Thanks

Okay, I took Issac to the doctor (he was exposed to Strep throat). The doctor just told me to move Chase out for a week or so and just to let Issac cry. He is 15 months old, and was waking up more than when he was 6 months old. So on Friday, I blew up an air mattress and put Hailee and Chase downstairs in the basement. They think it is way cool to be sleeping in the basement on an air mattress. The first night, Issac woke up only one time, but he cried for almost two hours. On Saturday night he slept all the way through the night, it was the first time in at least a couple of months. Then last night he woke up a couple of times, but only cried for a couple of seconds each time and went right back to sleep. I am going to keep Hailee and Chase downstairs for a few more nights, but I think he is getting the idea that I am not going to jump up each time he cries. So if anyone else is having the same trouble, just let them cry (not always the easiest thing to do). If you do that when they are younger you won't have the same problem as I have been having. Thanks Amy, I appreciate your comments, and I am also playing soft music while Issac is sleeping!

2 comments:

Amy said...

No problem Ü I am glad the Dr. had more sound advise to give you. I will remember that for when I ever have children. Ü
Take Care!

Jami said...

You blog looks great Lindy! I definetly agree with the Dr's advice but I am really mean and I do that when my kids turn 3 months (mean mom I know!) I'm glad its working for you. Sleepless nights are rough!