MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Monday, November 17, 2008

Poor Chase

Okay, so I didn't take a picture, because I don't think I could handle seeing it all the time. Chase has been having such a hard time at school lately. There is a kid in his class who is picking on him (I always thought he would do the picking). He came home three times last week saying that this kid was hitting him and pushing him down. On Thursday he came home and said that this kid had given him a bloody nose and that the teacher had tried calling me. Okay, frusterated, no call showed up on the caller ID, not sure what happened there. I immediately went to the school and talked to the teacher. He didn't know anything about this kid picking on Chase, I guess the "duty" didn't tell him anything. Anyway he has been trying to make escuses why he can't go to school, but always changes his mind when I remind him that if he doesn't go to school, he doesn't get to play with friends all day. Well, he seemed better on Friday after school, so I hoped that the teacher, who said he would talk about bullying with the whole class, had helped. Today Chase came home with a big bump and scrape down his face. He was playing soccer and this kid came up and shoved him down on the cement. I'm having a really hard time deciding what else I can do. I don't want Chase to think that I don't believe him, but sometimes he keeps changing his story. I don't know if he thinks I will get mad at him, or if he doesn't want to get into trouble for something. All I know is that today it went too far. If this kid really did push Chase down today, and it wasn't an accident, then I need to go back to the school and figure this out. How do I help Chase to tell me what really happened, and get the true story without making him think that I don't believe him. I want him to have faith in me, that I will do all that I can to protect him! I need any advise you are willing to give.

5 comments:

jen said...

Just remember that Chase may feel intimidated and not want to tell the whole truth for fear this kid will get into trouble and then take it out on him...just a thought. I wish I could help more, I can't imagine the hurt you are feeling knowing that your little guy is getting picked on.

Jen

Tinkerbell said...

I would go straight to the priciple. Pull the kid out and confront him. That is absolutely ridiculous that the teacher isn't doing anything! Chase is a sweet boy. There should be zero tolerence for bullying! Tell Chase we love him! I'm sorry you have to go through this. My mother bear is raging and I'm not even his Mom!!

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I am so sorry. These are the things that rip mommies hearts apart. I really believe zero tolerance for bullying and I would meet with the principal and the bully along with his parents. My nephew went through and they fought until the boy was suspended. You have to fight for him and his safety!!! Good luck Lindy. You're a great mom and you'll do whatever is best for your son.

The White House said...

I would be down at the school in a heart beat. I don't think any behavior like this should be tolerated. My heart goes out to you and Chase ( what a rough ride). Good luck!

Photo By Emilie said...

I love all the advise you've been given. I would absolutely get Chase involved, tell him your fears and include him in desiding what to do. I think this will help him understand that you love him and impower him. I just love Chaser, it makes me want to come sit on that bully kid!! Please write an update and tell us what happens. Love you!!
Em