MuggleNet: Half-Blood Prince Countdown

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Roast Pig



This year for Halloween, we roasted a pig. We usually do it around Chases birthday, but we didn't have time this year. We invited the family and lots of the neighbors. We started roasting the pig around 12:30 and it was ready to start eating around 6:30. It was fun to see all the little kids either too scared of it to come into the driveway, or thinking it was WAY cool! Even some of the parents were not so sure about it. But we did have some brave souls who would try some. It tastes so yummy, I crave it all year, until the day after that is, when everything smells like roast pig!! We finally finished with the pig at about 10:00 after we got all the meat off that we could. I wasn't very good at taking pictures of everyone that was there, I was too busy with the pig and with the trick or treaters! Sorry for lack of people pictures, but I did get one of Brett, Debbie, Zachery and Samantha.

5 comments:

Jami said...

that is so great~!!! I know those pigs taste awesome but I have to admit it doesn't look that good!

The Moseley's said...

The piggy was awesome as always! It's always fun to see peoples reaction if they haven't seen one roasting before. It was a fun night THANKS for doing it. Love you

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

That looks like so much fun. The girls saw the pic and freaked out!!! That pig scared them to death!! It was soooo funny. I reminded them that we eat pigs quite often.

Penny said...

I have to agree with Jami. It doesn't look very scrumptous to me, but I bet if you can get past that face it tasted pretty good.

The White House said...

Thanks for being so feastive.